Monday 18 April 2011

Planting the steppe roundabout


We are now in the middle of the planting of the steppe roundabout with perennials from Ängsäters Perenner in the vicinity of Stockholm, Vaste plantenkwekerij Jan Spruyt in Oost-Vlaanderen in Belgium and from Rijnbeek en Zoon in Boskoop in Netherlands.

First I walk around and drop the plants on place all over the site, following my planting plan and even more my intuition at that certain moment. As I work very much on mode and feeling when I create a biotope planting I always modify the original plan a lot. To be honest I don't even have a true planting plan, but of course I can't inform my clients about that. In that case I would probably not get any missions at all...

Anyhow, the result will be marvelous! Here are some of the plants used in the steppe planting listed.

Achillea filipendulina
Achnatherum calamagrostis
Allium schoenoprasum
Aster amellus
Dianthus carthusianorum
Eremurus stenophyllus
Geranium sanguineum
Geranium 'Tiny Monster'
Melica ciliata
Paradisea liliastrum
Pennisetum orientale
Perovskia atriplicifolia
Phlomis russeliana
Prunella grandiflora
Sedum acre 
Stipa barbata
Stipa pennata
Stipa ucrainica



Before the planting started

The arrival of the plants

First the perennials are dropped on place in patterns 

The planting starts


No comments:

Post a Comment